Banner The Milton Banking Company
P.O. Box 268 Wellston, OH 45692-0268
Rotate Pictures
Milton Bank
Site Links
Home
Loans
Deposits
ID Theft
Links & Resources
Other Services
Privacy Policy
General Disclaimer
For Sale
Bank History
Job Application
Online Banking
Online Security
Loan Calculators
Contact Us

The Milton Banking Company was chartered under the laws of the State of Ohio in October, 1921 and opened for business as a full service office in 1922. First officers were Edgar T. Evans, President; Clark B. Cleveland, Cashier; J. J. Bennett, Assistant Cashier; Frank Morrow and Ed Blanchard, Vice Presidents.

In October, 1984, the bank saw an opportunity and opened its second office in Jackson, Ohio. This full-service office realized immediate success and is today the largest of the banks offices. It includes a main lobby, three drive-ins, and a walk up window for the convenience of customers.

May, 1998 saw the formation of Milton Bancorp, Inc, a bank holding company of which the Milton Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary. The ownership of Milton Bancorp rests with local community involved stockholders and directors.

In October, 2002, the Milton Bank saw another opportunity in the Village of Oak Hill, Ohio. Oak Hill is at the southern tip of Jackson County and was populated by only one other bank. The opening of Miltons third branch gave greater market coverage while providing convenient services to customers throughout the county.

2008 brought The Milton Bank the opportunity to expand outside of Jackson County into the counties of Pickaway and Madison with the merger of The First National Bank of New Holland. The merger was the perfect partnership as the bank was able to offer more services to First Nationals customers while maintaining a level of customer service that had become the hallmark of each bank individually. With the merger, The Milton Bank gained offices in New Holland and Mt. Sterling, Ohio.

Nearly 86 years later, the banks main office building is still located in Wellston and houses the administrative and data processing departments as well as a full-service bank. The existing building is much the same as the original structure although there have been two additions to the building along with extensive remodeling.

As a true community bank, the Milton Banking Company has long been proud of its service to local communities. With a wide variety of products and services combined with fast and friendly service, The Milton Bank has been able to stay true to it philosophy of community banking.

Equal Housing Lender and FDIC Logo